Previously unannounced panelists include:
- BOOM! Studios CCO Mark Waid, who just gave a controversial presentation on the digital landscape at the Harvey Awards ceremony
- Marvel’s SVP-Sales and Marketing David Gabriel, uniquely qualified to look at the print vs. digital landscape
- OverDrive’s Lindsey Levinsohn MLIS, Digital Book Specialist for Libraries, who can speak to the growing digital presence for graphic novels in libraries
- Bitway’s Masaaki Shimizu, who’s spearheading Bitway’s move into the U.S. digital manga market (Bitway is a major purveyor of cellphone manga in Japan)
- Dave Baxter of Robot Comics and agency Killing the Grizzly, to discuss the digital impact on comics creation.
- Alex de Campi, director and the writer of Valentine, which takes a unique approach to comics creation for digital devices.
- Long Island retailer John Riley, who’s seeing first hand in his store the impact of digital content on sales.
- Eric Beaulieu, who runs Transcontinental Printing’s transmedia operations.
- The Beat’s Heidi MacDonald, who will moderate the newly added panel on Digital and Creativity.
These new panelists join IDW Publishing CEO Ted Adams, Graphic.ly CEO Micah Baldwin, iVerse CEO Michael Murphey, Panelfly CEO Wade Slitkin, CEO of Panelfly, ComiXology CEO David Steinberger, Publishers Weekly Senior News Editor Calvin Reid, and ICv2 CEO Milton Griepp as some of the speakers that will be on the dais at this important event.
For More Information
For more information, or to contact us to inquire about speaking or sponsorship opportunities, click here, or e-mail Mgriepp@ICv2.com.
For general information about New York Comic Con, please contact Roger Bilheimer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on registration, go to the New York Comic Con Website by clicking here.
ICv2 is the industry’s source on the business of comics and graphic novels, also covering manga and anime, movie/TV products (including cool DVDs, figures, and more), and hobby games (collectible, cool board, minis, RPGs) daily on its Website, ICv2.com, and in its magazine, Internal Correspondence. For the people on the front lines of the pop culture business, staying ahead of the trends isn’t something that can be left to chance--it’s a basic necessity for being successful. That’s why ICv2 is the #1 source of news and information for the buyers, gatekeepers, and tastemakers on the front lines. ICv2 is where trend-watching has become a science.
Conference Sponsor: Transcontinental Printing
Transcontinental provides printing, publishing and marketing services that deliver exceptional value to its clients and provide a unique, integrated platform for them to reach and retain their target audiences. Transcontinental is the largest printer in Canada and in Mexico, and fourth-largest in North America. Its Marketing Communications Sector provides advertising services and marketing products using new communications platforms supported by database analytics, premedia, e-flyers, email marketing, and custom communications. Transcontinental is a company that seeks growth with a culture of continuous improvement and financial discipline, whose values, including respect, innovation and integrity, are central to its operation. For more information about the Corporation, please visit www.transcontinental.com.
Conference Sponsor: Publisher’s Weekly
Publishers Weekly is the leading publication serving all segments involved in the creation, production, marketing and sale of the written word in book, audio, video and electronic formats. It is the prime source of comprehensive news and provides unique industry data including an annotated bestseller list, hot deals and retail news. A 134-year old magazine--with over 100,000 dedicated readers--PW is recognized as the leading publication for international and U.S. book publishing needs. PW's Website, PublishersWeekly.com is packed with great information from the hottest industry news to book reviews to the popular e-newsletters and much more.
Conference Sponsor: Heidi MacDonald’s The Beat
The Beat, now in its sixth year, is dedicated to providing the timeliest and most pertinent news and information about comics, the people who make them, the readers who love them and the world that shapes them. Heidi MacDonald is an award-winning writer and editor and a veteran entertainment industry journalist. As an editor she has worked for Disney, Warner Bros., and Fox, among many others.
New York Comic Con
New York Comic Con is the East Coast's biggest and most exciting pop culture convention! With over 77,000 attendees and hundreds of exhibitors, our show floor plays host to the latest and greatest in comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies, and television. Our panels and autograph sessions give fans a chance to interact with their favorite stars and creators. Our screening rooms feature sneak peeks at the newest films and television shows months before they hit either big or small screens. And with dedicated professional hours, New York Comic Con is a market place, bringing together the major players in the entertainment industry.