Despite the strikes, the TV and movie news is still flowing, and we round it up here.

Warner Bros.’ Blue Beetle (see "’Blue Beetle’ Trailer") opened with $25.4 million at the domestic box office, slightly below expectations, according to Deadline.  It finally bumped Barbie, which grossed $21.5 million for the weekend, from the #1 slot.  Barbie is now at $567.2 million, the biggest domestic box office ever for a Warner Bros. film, according to Variety.

Netflix has released the first teaser (below) for Scott Pilgrim Takes Off, the new anime series based on the Bryan Lee O’Malley graphic novels.  The anime voice cast features the stars from the 2010 live action feature (see "’Scott Pilgrim’ Cast"), and O’Malley is co-showrunner.  The series will drop November 17.

Disney+ has released a teaser for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the new series based on the Rick Riordan middle-grade novel series  Hamilton star Lin-Manuel Miranda stars as Hermes in the series (see "’Percy Jackson’ Casts Star").  The series will launch on December 20. Disney Hyperiod published graphic novel adaptations of the novels.

Apple TV+ has announced the title and released the first image from its upcoming Monsterverse series by Legendary.  The 10-episode series will be titled Monarch: Legacy of Monsters.  The generations-spanning series will take place after the battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco.  It’s co-created by Matt Fraction, with Chris Black (see "Monsterverse Series").

Mech Cadets, based on the comics by Greg Pak and Takeshi Miyazawa, was the #2 kids show on Netflix its first week of availability, graphic novel publisher BOOM! Studios announced.  For all audiences, the show was #5 in the U.S. and #7 worldwide on the streamer for the week after its premiere August 10.  Stars in the voice cast include Daniel Dae Kim, Ming-Na Wen, Brandon Soo Hoo, and Debra Wilson (see "’Mech Cadets’ Casting").

Linear television (broadcast and cable) fell below 50% of TV viewing in July, the first time that’s happened since such stats were collected, according to Nielsen via The Hollywood Reporter.  The report includes time spent on four types of viewing.  Streaming was tops at 38.7%, with "other," which includes video games and physical media playback on TV screens, accounted for 11.6%.  Broadcast television accounted for 20% of viewing, with cable at 29.6%, totaling 49.6%.  When the report was first launched in June of 2021, linear television accounted for 63.6% of all viewing, while streaming accounted for 26%, according to The Hollywood Reporter.