Writers Mairghread Scott (Transformers) and David A. Rodriguez (Skylanders), artist Max Dunbar (Dungeons & Dragons), and colorist Ander Zarate (Micronauts) are behind the six-issue, biweekly series, which kicks off in August with the release of the first two issues.
First Strike launches as IDW wraps up the Revolutions event (see “IDW Fomenting 'Revolution'”). It brings together Hasbro’s G.I. Joe, Rom, the Micronauts, M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand, Action Man, and the Transformers on an Earth that has become a member of the Council of Worlds due to Optimus Prime’s leadership. But some aren’t happy having alien forces in control…
For completists, the crossover event also includes the following one-shots, which explore corners of the First Strike universe:
- Micronauts: First Strike, by Christos Gage and Chris Panda (September)
- G.I. Joe: First Strike, by Aubrey Sitterson and Ilias Kyriazis (September)
- Optimus Prime: First Strike by John Barber and Guido Guidi (September)
- M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand: First Strike, by Aubrey Sitterson and Ilias Kyriazis (October)
- Rom: First Strike, by by Christos Gage and Chris Panda (October)
- Transformers: First Strikeby John Barber and Guido Guidi (October)
Click Gallery below for full-size covers.