Warner Home Video has announced that the Warner Premiere Wonder Woman animated feature (see “Wonder Woman Direct to DVD”) will be released on DVD in three versions, as well as via OnDemand and Pay-Per-View, on March 3rd. The release is the fourth in a series of animated feature based on DC characters for older audiences.
The two disc Special Edition ($29.98) and Blu-ray Disc ($34.99) will feature collectible packaging and a number of special features:
- Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream, which examines how the character helped define a new generation of empowered women
- Wonder Woman The Daughters of Myth, a documentary that defines the Amazons and how that links with the evolution of Wonder Woman from comics to film
- Audio commentary by the director, writer, and Gregory Noveck from DC
- Bruce Timm’s Top Picks, episodes of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited (“To Another Shore” and “Hawk and Dove” on all versions; “Paradise Lost” Parts 1 and 2 on the BD and Special Ed formats)
- A digital copy
- Wonder Woman: The Amazon Princess, a featurette on the history of the character, with interviews with Paul Levitz and Dan DiDio, production staff, and voice talent.
Marketing support will include primetime TV spots, national print and online coverage, and cross-trailering on targeted DVD releases.