According to a press release explaining the shift of Geneon's sales and marketing functions to ADV received by Anime News Network, the Japanese advertising agency Dentsu is once again the sole owner of Geneon USA.  Dentsu acquired Geneon (then known as Pioneer) in the summer of 2003.  In June of 2006 the d-rights subsidiary of the Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi acquired 34% of Geneon USA (see 'Dentsu and Mitsubishi Form Business Alliance') in an investment that was mirrored a few weeks later by a group headed by the Sojitz Corporation's acquisition of a portion of ADV stock (see 'Japanese Investment Bulks Up ADV').  As the Anime News Network points out, the press release issued on August 31st indicates that Dentsu is once again the sole owner of Geneon USA, which means that d-rights/Mitsubishi has divested its share of Geneon.


The press release also reveals that Japan Contents Business Limited Partnership, an investment group that includes the Sojitz Corporation, Development Bank of Japan, and Klockworx, owns 21.6% of ADV stock, with the other 78.4% owned by ADV founder and CEO John Ledford.  Also revealed in the press release -- Geneon currently has 39 employees, while ADV has 114.