DC announced the landmark issue last month (see “Celebrate 80 Years of Batman with Two Anniversary Offerings”). The main cover will be a wraparound produced by Jim Lee, but there will also be retailer variants available by Steve Rude, Michael Cho, Jim Steranko, Bernie Wrightson, Frank Miller, Tim Sale, Jock and Greg Capullo – plus a special homage to Jerry Robinson’s cover for November 1942’s Detective Comics #69 by Bruce Timm.
The 96-page oversized issue will include an original story from Peter J. Tomasi and Doug Mahnke that launches a new story arc, but also introduces a new version of the Arkham Knight. Jason Fabok will create a two-page spread showing off the current state of the Batman universe. Additional stories will be included by:
- Kevin Smith and Jim Lee
- Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
- Warren Ellis and Becky Cloonan
- Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen
- Denny O’Neil and Steve Epting (a sequel to O’Neil’s 1976 Detective Comics story “There’s No Hope in Crime Alley”)
- Christopher Priest and Neal Adams
- Geoff Johns and Kelley Jones
- Tom King, Tony Daniel and Joëlle Jones
- Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
- James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez
See 10 covers in the gallery below!