The three-day auction will be held in Calabasas, CA on September 29 –October 1.
The lots will include:
- 30 lots of rare Star Wars film posters in multiple languages from Kurtz’s personal collection
- The Mitchell VistaVision High Speed #1 (VVHS1) camera used by ILM for miniature effects shots, (including the Death Star explosion)
- The original screen-used Rebel "Blockade Runner" filming miniature from Star Wars: A New Hope
- A Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet from Star Wars: A New Hope
- A Dark Vader production made prototype helmet from The Empire Strikes Back
- A section of the Death Star under construction from Return of the Jedi
- A C-3PO Oscar presented to Brian Johnson by ILM for his work on The Empire Strikes Back
- A 'Jabba the Hutt' maquette for Return of the Jedi
- A Naboo blaster from The Phantom Menace
The “Slave Leia” costume has an estimated value of $80,000 -$120,000, and the “Blockade Runner” is valued at $200,000 to $300,000.
See several images in the gallery below.