The Infinity RPG is based on the tabletop miniatures game published by Corvus Belli, which presents skirmish-sized science fiction battles. The full-color, hardcover Infinity RPG Core Rulebook is currently 380 pages (it may be expanded based on the Kickstarter funding) and has a tentative MSRP of $64.99.
A number of game supplements are also planned for the line, with releases scheduled about once a month following the Core Rulebook. Planned supplements include:
- A 192-page Gamesmaster’s Guide, with rules for spaceship combat, mass combat rules, NPCs, and additional game rules. MSRP is $24.00.
- A 112-page softcover Player’s Guide, with additional details about the game’s setting and rules for using RPG characters in the tabletop miniatures game. MSRP is $15.00.
- The 112-page softcover Paradiso Planet Book, which details the primary setting for the game, the jungle-world of Paradiso. MSRP is $18.00.
- Four adventure campaign books, including Shadow Affairs, Acheron Cascade, Human Sphere Adventures, and Nebula of Mirrors. Each book will be 112-page softcover supplement. MSRP is $18.00 each.
- Eight Faction Books, detailing the different groups that dominate the Human Sphere: Ariadna, Haqqislam, Nomad, Panoceania, Yu Jing, Aleph, Tohaa, and the Combined Army. Each 112-page softcover book is MSRP $18.00.
Modiphius plans additional supplements, including the Tactical Armored Gears, O-12 Files, Technology of the Human Sphere, Ships of the Human Sphere, Hypercorps, and War Market: Mercenaries Sourcebook. Each will be a 112-page softcover book. MSRP has not been announced.
The Kickstarter campaign has already attracted over $200,000 from 1500 backers in the first five days, with 27 days remaining. The campaign may even outpace the top RPG Kickstarter, Monte Cook’s Numenera, which raised $517,255 in September 2012 (see “Monte Cook's New RPG at over $300k”).
Like Modiphius’ earlier Thunderbirds Tabletop Game, the Kickstarter for Infinity RPG includes a retailer pledge level that will allow retailers to make a small deposit in exchange for the right to order the game when it is released.