Comics and Game Market Sizes, More
Posted by Milton Griepp on July 29, 2016 @ 4:22 am CT
For more on the contents of this issue, which includes 2015 market size estimates for both the comics and graphic novel and game markets, see "Comic and Graphic Novel Sales Top $1 Billion" "Hobby Games Market Nearly $1.2 Billion," and "Comic Pros on Comic Retail." Internal Correspondence #90 covers the hobby game and comics and graphic novel (including manga) markets, with Top Franchise charts for Spring 2016 and and Pick Hits to Click for Fall 2016.
Here’s a list of ICv2's charts of the top graphic novel franchises across trade channels (including comic stores, book stores, online) in four categories for Spring (January-April) 2016, which appeared in Internal Correspondence #90:
- Top 10 Superhero/Genre GN Franchises--Spring 2016
- Top 10 Author GN Franchises--Spring 2016
- Top 10 Manga Franchises--Spring 2016
- Top 10 Kids/Tweens GN Franchises--Spring 2016
Here’s a list of ICv2’s charts of the hobby game bestsellers for the Spring season from the new issue, covering all five categories:
- For the lists of the bestselling Collectible Games in the hobby channel, in the mass channel, and over-all, click here.
- For the bestselling Board Games in the hobby channel, click here.
- For the bestselling Card/Dice Games in the hobby channel, click here.
- For the bestselling RPGs, click here.
- For the bestselling Non-Collectible Miniature Games, click here.
Digital copies (PDFs) are available instantly from your favorite DriveThru store. To order a digital copy of ICv2's Internal Correspondence #90, click here.
For librarians and educators interested in subscribing to ICv2's Internal Correspondence, order from EBSCO (title #408-601-128), DEMCO (product #60001562), or WT Cox (title #128411).
If you are a retailer, you can get a free copy. If your distributor is on the list above, just ask for your free copy of Internal Correspondence, or if not, e-mail Dennis Viau at "dviau [at] icv2 [dot] com" to request a copy.
The Lessons that Helped His Store Have its Best Year Ever in 2020 (With Store Pics!)
April 15, 2021
This month, we talk to Marc Hammond at Aw Yeah Comics, who shares the lessons that helped his store have its best year ever in 2020 (with store pics!).
But North America, Latin America, and Europe Remain Locked Down
April 15, 2021
Wizards of the Coast has lifted their Magic: The Gathering in-store play suspension for Japan, but not for North America, Latin America, and Europe.