Comics and Game Market Sizes, More
Posted by Milton Griepp on July 29, 2016 @ 4:22 am CT
For more on the contents of this issue, which includes 2015 market size estimates for both the comics and graphic novel and game markets, see "Comic and Graphic Novel Sales Top $1 Billion" "Hobby Games Market Nearly $1.2 Billion," and "Comic Pros on Comic Retail." Internal Correspondence #90 covers the hobby game and comics and graphic novel (including manga) markets, with Top Franchise charts for Spring 2016 and and Pick Hits to Click for Fall 2016.
Here’s a list of ICv2's charts of the top graphic novel franchises across trade channels (including comic stores, book stores, online) in four categories for Spring (January-April) 2016, which appeared in Internal Correspondence #90:
- Top 10 Superhero/Genre GN Franchises--Spring 2016
- Top 10 Author GN Franchises--Spring 2016
- Top 10 Manga Franchises--Spring 2016
- Top 10 Kids/Tweens GN Franchises--Spring 2016
Here’s a list of ICv2’s charts of the hobby game bestsellers for the Spring season from the new issue, covering all five categories:
- For the lists of the bestselling Collectible Games in the hobby channel, in the mass channel, and over-all, click here.
- For the bestselling Board Games in the hobby channel, click here.
- For the bestselling Card/Dice Games in the hobby channel, click here.
- For the bestselling RPGs, click here.
- For the bestselling Non-Collectible Miniature Games, click here.
Digital copies (PDFs) are available instantly from your favorite DriveThru store. To order a digital copy of ICv2's Internal Correspondence #90, click here.
For librarians and educators interested in subscribing to ICv2's Internal Correspondence, order from EBSCO (title #408-601-128), DEMCO (product #60001562), or WT Cox (title #128411).
If you are a retailer, you can get a free copy. If your distributor is on the list above, just ask for your free copy of Internal Correspondence, or if not, e-mail Dennis Viau at "dviau [at] icv2 [dot] com" to request a copy.
5-Issue Weekly Series From IDW Debuts in November
July 20, 2017
San Diego Comic-Con News: IDW Publishing has announced a new intra-company crossover between the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Ghostbusters , who are reuniting for the first time since their original crossover in 2014.
'Smiley's Dream Book' Due in Summer of 2018
July 20, 2017
San Diego Comic-Con News: At the SDCC Cartoon Books announced that multiple Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist Jeff Smith is creating two picture books for young readers featuring Smiley Bone and the Bone Cousins.