The 17th Annual Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) will be May 5, 2018, and Diamond Comic Distributors has announced the 12 Gold Sponsor comic books, the lead titles supporting the event's goal of introducing new readers to comics. The Gold Sponsor titles include all-ages books, TV tie-ins, and top secret events. The 38 Silver Sponsor comic books will be announced next Tuesday, December 19, bringing the total titles on offer to 50. This year, 91 titles were submitted from over 70 publishers.
The 12 Gold Sponsor titles include:
- Invader Zim: Floopsy Bloops Shmoopsy (Oni Press)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Special (BOOM! Studios)
- Overwatch/Black Hammer (Dark Horse Comics)
- Comic Friends Forever (First Second)
- Riverdale (Archie Comics)
- Transformers: Unicron: The Darkest Hour #0 (IDW Publishing)
- Barriers #1 (Image Comics)
- Disney Princess: Ariel Spotlight (Joe Books)
- Pokemon: Sun and Moon / Pokemon: Horizon (VIZ Media)
- Doctor Who #0 (Titan Comics)
- Marvel Avengers/Captain America (Marvel Comics)
- Top Secret Gold Book (DC Entertainment) *revealed in February Previews
Last year’s Gold Sponsor books can be seen here “ICv2: FCBD 2017 Gold Sponsor Comics Announced.”
Click on the Gallery below for covers.