The finalists in the game category include a number of hobby games, including one TCG. The category is defined as "games for families and children (ages 0-14), including board, card, electronic, or other physical game formats and puzzles, exclusive of video or app games."
The finalists are:
- Catch the Moon by Thames & Kosmos LLC
- Connect 4 Spin Game by Hasbro, Inc.
- Mantis by Exploding Kittens Inc.
- Pokémon Trading Card Game: Pokémon GO Elite Trainer Box by The Pokémon Company International
- Star Wars Villainous by Ravensburger
- T.A.P.E.S. by Hog Wild, LLC
- Tacto Doctor by PlayShifu
The Foundation also announced finalists for the Action Figure of the Year, defined as "toys that represent a fictional character intended for active, imaginative, and narrative-based play." The finalists are:
- DC Comics Batman 12" Wingsuit Action Figure by Spin Master
- Gigabots Energy Cores by Blip Toys
- Heroes of Goo Jit Zu Goo Shifters by Moose Toys LLC
- Jurassic World Dominion Super Colossal Giganotosaurs by Mattel, Inc.
- Jurassic World Real FX Baby Blue by WOW! Stuff
- Star Wars L0-59 (Lola) Animatronic Droid by Hasbro, Inc.
- Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite Smash Changer Optimus Prime by Hasbro, Inc.
Click Gallery below for images of the finalists in both categories!