The Spiel des Jahres ("Game of the Year") nominees are:
- The Adventures of Robin Hood by Michael Menzel; published by Kosmos (see "More Titles Coming from Thames & Kosmos")
- MicroMacro: Crime City by Johannes Sich; published by Edition Spielwiese (see "Review: 'MicroMacro: Crime City' (Board Game)")
- Zombie Teenz Evolution by Annick Lobet; published by Le Scorpion Masque (see "Iello USA Reveals 'Zombie Teenz Evolution'")
The Kennerspiel des Jahres ("Enthusiast’s Game of the Year"), which recognizes heavy-weighted games for experienced gamers, were also announced:
- Fantasy Realms by Bruce Glassco; published by WizKids
- Lost Ruins of Arnak by Min & Elwen; published by Czech Games Edition (see "Czech Games Edition Reveals 'Lost Ruins of Arnak'")
- Paleo by Peter Rustemeyer; published by Hans im Gluck (see "Z-Man Games Unveils 'Paleo' )
The winners of both categories will be announced on July 19.
Also, three games were nominated for the Kinderspiel des Jahres ("Children’s Game of the Year"):
- Dragomino by Bruno Cathala, Marie Fort, and Wilfried Fort; published by Blue Orange Games
- Mia London and the Case of the 625 Scoundrels by Antoine Bauza, and Corentin Lebrat; published by Le Scorpion Masque (see "'Mia London and the Case of the 625 Scoundrels!'")
- Storytailors by Marie Fort and Wilfried Fort; published by Lifestyle Boardgames
The winner of the Children’s Game of the Year will be announced on June 14.